Click on the organization name for their website, click on reviews to find out what people are saying about them.
- Make the Connection – VA Directory
- Military 1 Source – Military Resource Directory. All you need to know about military life in one place.
- Veteran Resource List – Privately run directory of resources for Veterans
For Wounded Warriors:
- Wounded Warrior’s Project – Reviews – Provides a wide array of assistance and programs for wounded warriors who’s injury occurred on or after September 11, 2001
- Disabled American Veterans – Reviews – Benefit Assistance and Advocacy Program for Disabled Veterans
- Homes for Our Troops – Reviews – Nonprofit that builds homes for disabled veterans in need
- Vets Journey Home – Reviews – A retreat for veterans returning home to spend a weekend recovering
- Heroes and Horses – Reviews – A nonprofit that uses outdoor experiences with horses to help veterans recover
- Veteran’s Crisis Line – VA Service for veterans or family members experiencing a crisis. You may also call: 1-800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255
Generalized Support & Connecting with other Vets:
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- American Legion
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America – Reviews – Assistance, awareness and advocacy for Veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars (Operation Iraqi Freedom & Operation Enduring Freedom)
Support During Deployment:
- Soldier’s Angels: Deployment Team – Reviews -Care Packages and Letters
- The Hugs Project – Reviews – Care Packages and Letters
- Any Soldier Inc. – Reviews – Care Packages
- Operation Gratitude – Reviews – Care Packages
Loss or Injury of Loved One:
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors – Reviews – Support for military families grieving the loss of a loved one
- Soldier’s Angels: Living Legends Team – Reviews – Support for military families grieving the loss of a loved one
- American Gold Star Mothers – Honor the life of children lost is service through support of veterans and patriotic events
- Call of Duty Endowment – An endowment focused on funding programs that assist transitioning vets in finding employment. This link takes you to their list of top organizations that focus on veteran employment.
- Hire Our Heroes – Reviews – Assist transitioning vets in finding civilian jobs
- Hire Heroes USA – Reviews – Assist transitioning vets in finding civilian jobs
Finances and Emergencies:
- H.E.R.O.E.S. Care, Inc – Reviews – A network of trained caregivers and mental health professionals utilizing national NGOs to provide care and support for military members.
- American Red Cross – This link takes you to the Red Cross military page