IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER CALL 9-1-1
If you or a loved one are contemplating Suicide:
- Suicide Prevention Hotline – 24/7 access to crisis line. You may also call: 1-800-273-8255 (Vets press 1)
- Mental Health America – Information, FAQs and resources for identifying and coping with PTSD
- Department of Veterans Affairs: Public – Describes how to find a therapist with links to services that can help you. These services are not restricted to military personnel.
- HelpGuide – Explanations of symptoms, causes and self-help for PTSD
For Caretakers and Families:
- HelpGuide: Family – Information and resources for helping a loved one with PTSD
- VA: Public – Family Members – Information and resources for helping a loved one with PTSD
For Veterans Specifically:
- Real Warriors – Organization specifically serving veterans with invisible wounds and their families
- After Deployment – Veteran Wellness organization. This link takes you to their PTSD page.
- About Face – Stories and advice from other veterans about their experiences with PTSD.
- VA: PTSD Vets – Overview of how to obtain care for PTSD
- VA: PTSD Benefits – Information and links to help you with VA Benefits and getting care for PTSD